Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Three Lemons


Three Lemons, Digital Photograph, 2005

I had a specific idea that I wanted to work with in a new painting, which is also the first in (hopefully!) a new series as well. I took a bunch of photos of these lemons, because these were the only fruits in the house (my initial 'ideal' fruit would have been apples, then pears, but I can't tell you when the last time an apple was in the house, and I honestly don't think there has ever been a pear in the house) but they ended up working surprisingly well, at least as a photograph.

I've only done the initial drawing for the painting (which is on gessoe watercolor paper, and will be an oil painting), so we'll see how that turns out in the end. The lemons will only be one small part of this first painting, though since I liked working with them so much so far (they take direction very well), I might end up doing several paintings and photos involving them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home